April 10, 2007
April 10, 2007
Toshiko Satake, Chairperson of Satake Corporation, received an "Alumni Merit Award" from University of Southern California (USC) at 74th annual USC Alumni Awards Gala on March 23, 2007. Alumni Merit Awards are given to individuals whose remarkable accomplishments speak well for the range and quality of a USC education. Her extensive achievements and contributions to society have been recognized. She is the 5th Japanese alumni to achieve the award in its inception. The commendation ceremony was held in the beautiful new Galen Center at USC with about 500 alumni and invited guests celebrating the recipients achievements and contributions to society. After graduating from Gakushuin High School in Tokyo, Toshiko Satake moved to Los Angeles to enroll at USC where she majored in commercial design and the arts and graduated with a fine arts degree in 1957.
University of Southern California
The University of Southern California, located in Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. was founded in 1880, making it California's oldest private research university. The School of Cinematic Arts, which has produced famous directors such as George W. Lucas Jr., and The School of Engineering, which has produced famous alumni such as Andrew Viterbi, the co-founder of Qualcomm, are very highly respected Institutions. The Marshall School of Business School and MBA program was ranked 5th by U.S. News & World Report's America's Best Graduate Schools in 2006.
USC Alumni Awards 2007
There are four types of awards presented by USC Alumni Association.
(1) The Asa V. Call Achievement Award recognizes alumni who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to the university and community by giving generously of their time, energy and leadership. This award celebrates alumni whose outstanding accomplishments have brought honor and recognition to themselves and USC.
(2) Alumni Merit Awards are given to individuals whose remarkable accomplishments speak well for the range and quality of a USC education.
(3) Alumni Service Awards recognize outstanding volunteer efforts on behalf of the university. The energy, dedication and enthusiasm of each recipient epitomize the spirit of partnership that is vital to USC's growth and leadership.
(4) The Fred B. Olds Award is presented on special occasion to USC alumni for their extraordinary and unparalleled service to the university over a long period of time.
* Please note descriptions in news releases are accurate as of the date of release and may differ from the most up-to-date information.